Cabinet Refacing Timeline
If you’re looking into a home renovation project that delivers the most bang for your buck, you might want to consider cabinet refacing. Because the kitchen is an integral part of your home, major renovations can be a significant time commitment and costly process that can take days to weeks to complete. That’s a lot to ask of a busy family who spends mornings eating breakfast together and evenings enjoying each other’s company around the dinner table. Fortunately, there is an affordable alternative that doesn’t involve your kitchen being out of commission for weeks at a time; cabinet refacing!
How Long Does it Take to Upgrade Kitchen Cabinets?
During a cabinet refacing, only your cabinet doors and drawer fronts are replaced, usually with a veneer or coating, and the cabinet boxes are left intact, giving your kitchen a completely new look. While completely replacing your kitchen cabinets is a lengthy process, cabinet refacing is a quick project that can be completed in less than a week. Below we highlight several factors to consider when choosing to reface your cabinets.
Factors Affecting Your Cabinet Refacing Timeline
Kitchen cabinet refacing can be completed much faster than a full kitchen renovation. However, there are several factors you should consider to determine your exact timeline. Typical time frames usually depend on:
- The size and number of cabinets you have – During the refacing process, your old cabinets are stripped of their skins, and new doors and drawer fronts are installed with a coating over the cabinet boxes. Therefore, the number of cabinets, size of your kitchen, and overall complexity of its layout determine how long this project will take. For a smaller kitchen with fewer cabinets, refacing can be completed in as little as two days. For a larger cabinet refacing project, expect it to take anywhere from four days to a week.
- The company you hire to install the cabinets – Not all cabinet refacing companies are the same. When you upgrade kitchen cabinets with Let’s Face It, you receive fast, affordable, and designer-quality work. We also have access to professional equipment and high-quality materials to ensure the job is done right the first time. If you’re looking for a reliable company that provides quality solid wood, thermofoil, and three-dimensional laminate cabinet refacing services, the Let’s Face It experts are here to help.
- Additional renovations – If you’re looking to complete other upgrades, like new backsplash or countertops, your project will take a few days longer.
The Let’s Face It Process
When you utilize our cabinet refacing experts, you’ll receive professional installation services in 3 to 5 days. Our typical schedule looks like this:
- Old cabinet doors and drawers are removed.
- New doors and drawers are made to retrofit to exact specifications.
- All existing exposed surfaces are covered in matching wood or foil, right in your home!
- New doors and drawers are installed with lifetime guaranteed hinges.
- New crown and specialty moldings are added for a designer-quality look.
- Add additional cabinets, islands, and details fabricated in our full-service wood shop.
- Your kitchen is thoroughly cleaned and ready for use at the end of all installations!
Home Renovation Projects by Let’s Face It
When you partner with Let’s Face It, your kitchen will look as good as any custom new kitchen, guaranteed! With Let’s Face It’s cabinet refacing, we use the same custom-crafted doors and components used on custom new cabinetry. And best of all, you’ll save up to 60% off a traditional kitchen remodeling project. Contact us at 215-343-2600 to schedule a consultation.